Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Is That A Hemi?!?

Warm up: 400m sprint, 50 air squats, 400m sprint, 50 sit ups

WOD : push a truck, 10 burpees, push a truck, 15 star jumps, push a truck, 20 box jumps, push a truck, 25 air squats

Good grief! This was a crazy WOD, and it happened to be on my 33rd birthday. The warm up was significant enough for me -- I had been working on box jumps yesterday evening and my good ol' left knee was already hurting. I was able to jump on the tallest box + two 45 lb bumpers, but I was paying for it.

My boyfriend got to work out with us today, which was fun but didn't end up helping me out because he was paired with someone else. He's a big dude -- the kind you want on your team when brute speed is called for! At any rate, I got to work with one of the new girls in the class. She and another girl got to do this as their first CF WOD. How's that for jumping into it?! They did great. They're both already really strong and fast, so they'll be at the top of the group in no time.

Overall, this was a fun workout. Lots of functional movement covered by this WOD, and we really had to power through the quads. As I mentioned, mine were already burning from the warm up, so I felt pretty smoked afterwards but recovered quickly.

No posted time -- just good clean fun!

-- Mobilelly Yours, GGG

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got some constructive criticism or kudos? Bring it on! 3...2...1...GO!